Technology and the internet has changed the landscape of the real estate market quite a bit over the last decade.
With so much information at everyone’s fingertips, it has made it easier for consumers to begin their buying process. This has been a big help for many, but with the amount of information available also comes stale, misleading or misinterpreted information and data.
The only way to circumvent the bad data and get accurate information is to hire a professional real estate agent. Only a full time realtor will be a reliable resource for current trends and expert advice on the home buying process.
Good buyer’s agents should not only provide market comps and available properties to fit your needs, but they should also go above and beyond to be your resource for needs that relate to your move. To further explain, here is a list of what to expect from your agent.
- Educate buyer on the real estate market conditions, prices and trends happening locally.
- Fully understand buyer’s needs, wants and reason for moving.
- Provide advice on different areas that may be options for consideration especially if there are any financial constraints.
- Offer advice during the home purchase process based on buyer’s needs.
- Find active properties that suit buyer’s needs and wants best. In addition, provide information about schools, tax rates and amenities that fit the buyer’s lifestyle.
- Assist in narrowing down selections as they sort through property possibilities.
- Manage negotiations during the offer and counteroffer process.
- Explain and inform about all documents involved in offer and contract.
- Provide guidance with inspections.
- Offer advice on addressing any needed repairs.
- Provide resources for contractors, movers and other professionals needed.
- Attend the closing to be sure all of the buyer’s interests are protected.
The process of buying a home has several moving parts. As the purchase of real estate is most often among the largest that one will ever make, hiring a trusted professional is paramount for a successful transaction.